Saturday, January 16, 2010

Blogging again

I figure that I should be writing down all of the things on this journey, and it is such a journey! The rewards are endless, but it is hard work! I'm not sure when I'll find the time to blog, but somehow I should.

Xiaoyu spontaneously started counting to ten today. We have been working more on letters, but always counting sometime in our day. I was not even sure he knew all of the names of the numbers in english. Today he pointed to a clock and said "Mama, clock!" I said yes, very good! He said "one, two, three, four, five , six, seven , eight , nine, ten!" meaning , there are numbers on it. I was a bit stunned!

His english has come so far in such a short time. I'm glad to know that he still has his Mandarin though. We are working hard to have him keep it. We try to watch a chinese cartoon at least once per day that he is not in daycare. His daycare (3 days per week) has mandarin teachers that speak to him in his mother toungue. Today he stared staturday mandarin classes. Every time the teacher asked him to say hello in chinese he said "Hello in chinese!" Too funny!

Well, I'm off to bed. That is one thing that has not progressed much. It takes him a long long time to fall asleep and I tried to start the sleep training to sleep without me, but the timing is bad with me back to work full time. We started seeing some behaviours that clearly are showing a bit of a set back. So, back to sleeping in the room with the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment