Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The last 36 hours

What a ride! Wow. Since we were so late in joining this travel group, everything has happened super fast for us. Only yesterday did we find out that we could travel in September. Yesterday afternoon and today has been spent filling out Visa applications, almost changing my mind about leaving Maya home, and then changing it back, getting pictures taken for the Visa applications, bookking travel arrangements and finally deciding on the full legal name for Seth.

Then, I had a meeting with my business partner to do some planning for the fall and winter.

Whew!! I am zonked!

Then, out of the blue we got a call from a contractor that we had booked back in May to do work to the front veranda of our house. He can start tomorrow! Then our designer called and I am meeting her tomorrow night to make the final decisions on the bathroom. They will start some of the work while we are away (painting and grout work that can dry while we are away). Boy can this undecisive woman now make decisions! Just don't even think of asking me what I want for dinner! I'm just accepting what the universe is giving me and being grateful for credit. :)

I feel like a flood gate has opened and everything we have been trying to get accomplished for the last 3 years is all happening at once! Well, actually that is exactly what is going on.

We decided to leave for China a day earlier than necessary to have two nights and one full day in Bejing before Gotcha day. Time to catch our breath, adjust to the time a bit, and just be a couple for a few hours. Maybe have a nice dinner or even just go for swim in the pool and maybe do some shopping near by. For the trip home, we decided to fly straight through, even though it means that we will arrive at 2am on the way back. Our clocks will be messed up anyway, so it won't matter much to us, only to whoever has to meet us at the airport.

My new blog site is almost ready and I'll let everyone know before I make the switch.

Now, off to call my new friend in PEI who we are travelling with in September!

1 comment:

  1. Great to be able to follow your journey through this avenue, Robyn. Keep posting as long as you can...
    love,
    r.

    ReplyDelete