Saturday, August 15, 2009

Slow and steady wins the race

Sometimes life feels like a ride at the fair. Well, it does for me anyway. It goes faster and faster and faster. Sometimes it feels like I'm riding with a drunk driver and any moment the car will spin out of control and crash. I think I crashed a bit this week after the whirlwind of events earlier in the week.

Everything is booked. The plane tickets are booked and paid for. Our paperwork is in Ottawa for our Visa. Arrangements have been made for Maya. I know the next few weeks will just fly by. I have a whole white board at work filled with all of the projects and jobs I am working on or are due during the fall. Most clients have been emailed (well the ones that have to know in the next few months anyway). Arrangements are being made for me to be away from work for 2 months straight. I am worried about putting too much on my partner. My clients are pretty great overall, so hopefully everyone will understand. No deadlines will be missed at least since all of the work I have in now is not due until the end of December, so that is good. I had to put aside the notion that everything in currently would be done before I go - just not going to happen. But for myself and my family, I have to set work aside for a while.

The same goes for home. The house is a mess and I just don't care anymore. As long as I can find my bed at night , that is all that matters. I guess I finally came to the realization that I really can't do everything, so I'm not going to try. I'm writing all of this down so that I remember these facts. The blog might seem like one more thing to add on to my list, but really, it is great therapy for me to get these thoughts out of my head and down on paper. They seem to not rumble around in there so much after I get it all out.

Today I got Seth enrolled in daycare 3 days per week. That is all arranged now and he can start whenever we are ready. His spot is there from September 1. My two oldest friends took care of me today. Laura had boxes full of hand me downs that she had gotten from friends. She has a little boy just 2 months older than Seth. She said she had more than she needed so I could come and take what I wanted. We sat down and her and my friend Natalie basically put together 8 or so outfits for our trip. We bagged them up in ziplocks and added in a sweater in case he is cold in the hotel and a couple of pairs of jammies. Voila - excpet to add underwear and socks, Seth's clothes are all packed! Thank you a million times. One less thing in my head to think about. And thanks Jocelyn for the ziplock idea. An outfit in each - no thoughts, no decisions, just pull out an outfit. I'm doing it for my clothes too.

I am going to bed - I have not been feeling great. I hope it is stress and not that I'm coming down with something!

1 comment:

  1. You come to love the zip lock bag. I reuse them too!! Some of Caden's clothing was packed in the same bags as Fenway's, just 4 years later.

    ReplyDelete